Assistant GM - The Darkroom
The Darkroom is a collaboration between Fellpack and George Fisher to offer a relaxed, stylish café and gallery / shop experience at the top of the iconic George Fisher building in Keswick.
We are looking to find a passionate Assistant General Manager to help build out the team, someone who is excited being part of this new project and where it is going, whilst also keen to part of the wider Fellpack management group.
An enthusiasm for wanting to offer customers the best hospitality experiences possible is needed. As is an interest in how Fellpack can develop its non food & drink retailing. We can train you as much as needed – indeed the right attitude is more important than direct previous experience.
- Work with passion and enthusiasm to ensure customers get consistently excellent experiences and products (great food, drink and retail, served quickly, presented beautifully).
- Work with the General Manager and Fellpack management to develop the gallery / shop concept from the site, ultimately developing products that fit the Fellpack brand.
- 5 shifts per week, c.45 hours, 4 daytime in The Darkroom and 1 evening shift at Fellpack or The Round, to understand the wider business and to get know the whole team.
- A people-pleaser, able to motivate colleagues and host customers with excitement and care.
- An interest in retailing and the Fellpack brand.
- An ability to be calm and organised under the pressure, capable of leading the site in the absence of the General Manager.
- A sense of humour and a can-do positive attitude that can solve day-to-day problems inherent to the role without panic or passing the buck.
Salary & Perks
- Up to £24,000 per annum
- Great tips
- Free parking
- Staff discounts (both Fellpack & George Fisher) & regular socials
- Cycle-to-work scheme
An excellent candidate will be passionate about hospitality and retailing, adaptable and willing to learn, and tenacious in achieving success. A love of the outdoors is extremely useful too, given the emphasis of our brand and the chance to be based in Keswick, the ‘adventure capital’ of the Lake District.
How to Apply
Please email [email protected] with a brief description of why the job appeals, including an up-to-date CV.