Assistant Head of Food Service - Fellpack
We are very excited to find the right person to join Fellpack Limited to help manage our service team at our Fellpack Restaurant.
We opened the award-winning Fellpack restaurant in 2017, a seasonal bistro that blends exceptional food with personality and passionate service. We are determined to give customers great experiences, and the food service team are pivotal to this succeeding.
We are analytical, data focussed, and recognise that hospitality has changed and will continue to change. We don’t think in split-shifts or 70-hour weeks. We don’t want chefs to feel isolated and broken by the thought of a manically busy summer. Instead, we see the kitchen as the modern centre of a restaurant, and we try and develop processes that make it as straight-forward as possible for the kitchen team to consistently serve customers in an efficient and effective way.
Therefore, if you are a chef looking to work differently, with a focus on organisation, process, attention to detail and an enthusiasm for working with data, then this is the job for you.
- Help manage and develop our food service methodology such that customers get consistently excellent experiences (great food, served quickly, presented beautifully)
- Lead the kitchen team in the Head of Food Service’s absence
- Work with the Head of Food Service to use analytics to optimise pre-service prep work
- Work with the Head of Food Service to use analytics to optimise ordering processes
- Work with the Head of Food Service to ensure the necessary kitchen admin is efficiently organised and daily / weekly processes are completed to a high standard
- Join the Menu Development team, feeding ideas into the Executive Chef (Paul Sanchez) for product development that fits our brand (seasonal, local, adventurous twists on classic & exotic flavours)
- Salary £24,000 – £27,000 depending on experience
- A genuine love of hospitality alongside an appreciation that if the customer doesn’t win, no one wins
- A passion for food, and in particular, a passion for customers getting the chance to experience great dishes
- An ability to be calm and organised under the pressure of busy service periods
- Able to communicate effectively across all levels of the restaurant team
- An interest in data and how it can help improve processes and make the job more predictive
- A sense of humour and a positive attitude that can solve day-to-day problems inherent to the role
An excellent candidate for the role will be passionate about hospitality, adaptable and willing to learn, and tenacious in achieving success. A love of the outdoors is extremely useful too, given the emphasis of our brand and the chance to be based in Keswick, the ‘adventure capital’ of the Lake District.
How to Apply
Please email [email protected] with a brief description of why the job appeals, including an up-to-date CV.