Chef - Fellpack / The Round
As the team continues to grow we are looking for two chefs to join Fellpack Limited to play an important part across our kitchen teams.
We opened the award-winning Fellpack restaurant in 2017, a seasonal bistro that blends exceptional food with personality and passionate service. In 2019 we opened The Round, a gourmet burger and cocktail bar that is positioned in the heart of Keswick. The two restaurants are 1 and 2 on TripAdvisor; yet we have lots still to do to meet our ambitions for both sites, as well as supporting the new bagel food concept from The Darkroom café in George Fisher and to grow the team for our aspirations in 2022.
We recognise that hospitality has changed and will continue to change and as such we aim for Fellpack to be a business that is focussed on providing the team proper career opportunities. We don’t think in split-shifts or 70-hour weeks. We see the kitchen as the modern centre of a restaurant, and we try and develop processes that make it as straight-forward as possible for the kitchen team to consistently excel in serving customers great products.
The role can be shaped around your preferences, focussing on just one of our sites or splitting your time across both, alongside supporting the prep work necessary.
- Work with passion and enthusiasm to ensure customers get consistently excellent experiences (great food, served quickly, presented beautifully)
- Join the Menu Development team, feeding ideas into the Executive Chef (Paul Sanchez) for product development that fits our brand (seasonal, local, adventurous twists on classic & exotic flavours)
- 5 shifts per week (4 evenings and 1 day), no splits, Tuesday – Saturday, c.48h per week (though part-time is an option if you want to work 4 days per week)
- A genuine love of hospitality alongside an appreciation that if the customer doesn’t win, no one wins
- A passion for food, and in particular, a passion for customers getting the chance to experience great dishes
- An ability to be calm and organised under the pressure of busy service periods
- Able to communicate effectively across all levels of the restaurant team
- A sense of humour and a positive attitude that can solve day-to-day problems inherent to the role
Salary & Perks
- Up to £27,000 per annum
- Excellent tips
- Free parking
- Staff discounts & regular socials
An excellent candidate for the role will be passionate about hospitality, adaptable and willing to learn, and tenacious in achieving success. A love of the outdoors is extremely useful too, given the emphasis of our brand and the chance to be based in Keswick, the ‘adventure capital’ of the Lake District.
How to Apply
Please email [email protected] with a brief description of why the job appeals, including an up-to-date CV.