Start: March 2019
Salary £30,000 p.a.
Fellpack is a Lake District restaurant that is proud to provide great food and experiences to those who live here and visit.
We are a collaborative, youthful, team who are passionate about bringing a modern and exciting offering to our customers. Our menus reflect our passions. We try to serve great dishes and drinks that are twists on modern classics, that are both creative and satisfying. Our team works collectively to give exceptional service to those who choose to dine with us. We love being the place that celebrates Lake District adventures and rewards those who have spent the day on the fells.
In 2019, we are expanding to a second site and we need like-minded people to grow the business. In particular, we are looking to find an ambitious and driven Head Chef to run the kitchen in this new location. A good candidate will be excited to join a dynamic team but excited about the leadership and responsibility the role affords. This is an excellent opportunity for a Head Chef or Sous Chef to lead their own restaurant project with the benefit of having a committed management team to support them. Working alongside the Executive Chef and one of the founders, Paul Sanchez, the Head Chef will run all aspects of the service kitchen in our second site, managing a team of talented chefs to continue evolving our reputation as a leading food business in the Lake District.
The job will be intense, fast-paced and require dedication; but we hope it also will be full of excitement, creativity and strategical thinking. An ability to work hard is a must, but on top of this we want to find someone with sufficient experience, who has the personality and clarity of thought to lead a team from the site’s inception.
If you want to make your mark and lead an entrepreneurial restaurant project, then this is the opportunity for you.
What we are looking for in a Head Chef?
– A desire to want to own and lead an exciting restaurant project.
– Great personality and drive.
– A commitment to building and growing a chef team, managing their progression to ensure consistent excellence across all service periods.
– An eye for detail and a passion for quality.
– Calm under pressure with an ability to lead busy service periods and an ability to create structure for the kitchen to follow when you are not working.
– Minimum 5-years kitchen experience, including experience of managing kitchen processes (ordering, cleaning, service etc…)
– A desire to work closely with the Executive Chef and management team to keep Fellpack growing and improving.
If you have proven industry experience at this level and are interested in becoming our Head Chef, then please email your CV and a brief description why you fit the role advertised to Chris at [email protected]
We look forward to hearing from you.